Monday, March 30, 2015

The Online Dating Chronicles

Online Dating. 
Tinder, Match, Eharmony, Okcupid, J-Date, Christian Mingle...the list goes on and on. 
Does anyone meet organically anymore in this era of e-everything? 
My last relationship ended almost a year ago - since then I've had some variety of involvements, all of which have been initiated primarily by Tinder. 

Tinder is a very simple and efficient way to make connections and find people that you may want to have a date with...or perhaps something else. Some may even say that it's no different than Twitter or other forms of social media. 

Well after being back on Tinder since December or so, I'm calling it quits...or maybe more specifically, I'm going to stop trying and use it for entertainment only. Tinder for me has been a good tool to meet dudes that are not emotionally or otherwise available - I think the efficiency of it lends itself to the pervasiveness of those types of folks using it. 

So, I'm changing things up a bit and decided to join eHarmony so I could do a little compare and contrast. It's no secret I'm in the market for a relationship - I've done the "casual" thing long enough and it's exhausting. 
I'm curious to find out what might be different about using a paid service versus a free site. 

I will be posting my observations and commentary here - feel free to follow along. 

Cheers! 

6 comments:

  1. So for some reason, I thought you never blogged...I don't know why I thought that. And today, I thought to myself, I'm going to look and see, and lo and behold, you do! So now i'm going to blog stalk you and read them all! Can't wait! Also, my coworker is giving me Tinder swipe rights to her account this afternoon! I'm oddly excited. I hope eHarmony goes well for you. Anyone who wouldn't want to be in a long-term relationship with you isn't worth his weight in salt (no idea what that means, but my mom says it all the time). What I'm trying to say is that you're amazing and deserve someone equally as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I almost never blog so no worries :) Its mostly emotional meanderings anyway but I appreciate you reading them! Have fun with the Tinder swiping today - chances are I've probably dated one or more of the dudes you run into lol! You are the sweetest person and I cherish our friendship :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a bad friend...I had no idea you published some new posts! Instead of commenting on all the posts I missed, I'm just gonna leave 1 really long comment here. I'm sorry you had a rough winter & that the single life was getting you down. If it makes you feel any better I'm constantly envious of all the adventures you go on. You are such a funny, genuine, sweet, wonderful woman & I hope you find some happiness--either with eHarmony or otherwise. And don't you DARE move out of state. I just found you, I don't want to give you up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not even close to bad friend territory :)
      I don't think I will be moving out of state....yet. I just signed a year lease so you are stuck with me for at least that much longer!
      I genuinely appreciate your comments and I'm so happy we found each other! I truly cherish our friendship.

      Delete
  3. Thanks to Megan I've decided to catch up on your blog today too! And for what it's worth my friend met her husband on eHarmony - so maybe that's a good place to be! I hope things look up in the dating world soon, you're such a beautiful and lovely person and you deserve someone great to share in all your awesome adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely! Sorry about the late response to your comment! Things are definitely looking up in the dating world for me - will have to fill you in this weekend ;-) I appreciate you reading my blog and I appreciate your friendship!

      Delete