Thursday, February 26, 2015

February Funk

I have decided that I am fairly horrible at this blog writing thing.
I just realized that I haven't blogged since December so apparently nothing interesting has happened since then? Or I've been too busy to blog - little bit of both I suppose.

I've thought of a number of things I wanted to blog about and then promptly forgot them and onto other things.
Part of it is that I am notoriously in a funk with the majority of the rest of MN at least for a good chunk of Jan and especially Feb - this is the point in winter where no one remembers what it feels like to be warm and its freezing and mostly miserable outside and Spring isn't quite visible yet.

Well, I think we've made it past that point - and as I write this, I'm on a plane to visit the San Francisco area for the first time which I'm quite excited about so hopefully when I get back to MN next week, the worst of the winter funk will be behind me and I can be energized thinking of the renewing properties of Spring.

One thing that I keep thinking about recently is what is my passion, what do I like doing, and how can I turn that into a career. I like my job most days and it pays the bills but sort of fell into it and I'm not sure its what I want to do for the rest of my life. Throughout my entire career, I have been very fortunate in the opportunities that have been afforded to me and that I have been able to take advantage of. I am in my core, an ambitious person but I am getting to that point in my career where I need to decide what the end game looks like and I don't know that I want to do what I'm doing, even at a higher level for the next 20-30 years. I need to explore this more. I need to decide what risks that I am willing to take and how to I make things happen.

Relationship status: Meh. Not much more to say than that. Some flirtations and some dates but nothing to write home about. I think I am still working out what happened with Nebraska guy and can't say that I'm not still bummed that didn't work out. I don't know what's next but what I do know is that I'm not going to waste energy worrying about it. What will be will be.

As I say with each blog post, I will try to blog more. There is some catharsis in blogging that I enjoy.

Cheers to Spring and Warm Weather ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment