Sunday, December 14, 2014

Catching Up

I just realized its been more than 2 weeks since I posted!

Time flies in general but especially this time of year - its almost Christmas, eek!
I suppose I should probably start Christmas shopping sometime soon - honestly I feel like everyone already has too much stuff so the idea of buying more stuff kind of makes me cringe.

Relationship Status: Friend Zone - and its not great, actually fairly miserable but more about that later.

So......let's see. What have I been up to? Its been a busy few weeks.

Visited the Italian Art exhibit at Minneapolis Institute of Arts.....twice.
Its a really beautiful exhibit and I would definitely recommend even if you aren't particularly into fashion. What struck me is how styles are recycled and recycled - you can really see that in the progression from the 1940's to current day. No pictures are allowed sadly but it is worth the value to go and there have also a LivingSocial deal for half off the price of admission.  

I've been to several shows since the last post: Wet with Bae Tigre, Har Mar Superstar with Pizza Underground, and Shakey Graves with Sean Rowe. All the shows were awesome. Har Mar Superstar was definitely a super fun dance party but I was really blown away at the Sean Rowe and Shakey Graves show - the other opener was Esme Patterson and she was fantastic too. Barr Brothers was definitely my favorite show of the year but this show was certainly in the Top 5.

Thanksgiving! So much to be thankful for this year. Spent the holiday in Nebraska with the family and had a wonderful time. My niece and nephews are growing up so fast - its sort of incredible actually...and makes me feel a little old!

Visited the Minneapolis Holiday Market last weekend. There have definitely been many mixed reviews on the holiday market. Here is my take: Yes, it is a bit crowded and the set-up could have probably been done better to allow for better flow. Yes, it is challenging to access for anyone with any type of physical disability. Yes, you do have to pay $6 to get in when the Holidazzle Parade was free. All that being said, it was really enjoyable and helped me get into the holiday spirit. There are lots of good eats and drink and wares to be had. If you keep your expectations in check, I think its an enjoyable experience.

Circling back to relationship status.....so yeah, during the Thanksgiving trip, I saw special someone from Nebraska and we ended up deciding that we were best off just being in the friend zone. He can't see past the distance to what could be which is too bad. So.....friend zone but also going on some Tinder dates to get back into the groove here locally. Hopefully Prince Charming will show up sooner or later.

This week I'm in town all week! Looking forward to getting life maintenance stuff done and Third Thursday at MIA and then seeing Jeremy Messersmith on Friday.

Cheers to a great week!

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter under: Rachel_651

1 comment:

  1. I was just listening to Har Mar this morning on my way to work. Trying to get myself psyched up for Monday! (Didn't work haha)

    ReplyDelete